If you’ve always dreamed of a professional career as a Make-up Artist, and you’re willing to work hard to achieve your goal, we can help you get started. For students who have chosen Makeup Artistry as their career, this ten week training program teaches the fundamentals and advanced techniques. The Makeup Artist course begins with a comprehensive overview of makeup and thoroughly covers beauty, bridal and high fashion makeup. Lu Ross Academy uses MAC Cosmetics for their student kits. Students receive a MAC Student Pro Card and attend industry events. Success as a Makeup Artist is all about networking and hard work. You’ll be going on photo shoots, choosing models and working with photographers. You will start your makeup portfolio while in school.
Course not accredited by NACCAS Course outline:
- Introduction to makeup artistry, the role of the makeup artist
- Makeup kit overview, sanitation and hygiene
- Color theory and color correction
- Skin analysis, skin types and skin care
- Brush tips, techniques and brush care
- Lighting, foundations, powders, face and eye shapes, contouring and highlighting
- Eye lining and eye shadow, eye brows, false eyelashes, mascara, lip liner, lipstick and glosses, cheeks and blush placement
- Beauty makeup, bridal makeup, special event makeup, high fashion & editorial makeup, runway makeup and back stage etiquette
- Exclusive in-store MAC trend events
- Building a portfolio, business strategies, networking tips and beauty and makeup resources.
- Working with photographers and models, freelance photo shoots, fashion shows and events
The course is focused on hands-on makeup application and creative makeup techniques.
Call for upcoming start dates or fill-in the form to receive an email with all the latest course information.
The following pictures are of student work and students at work.