Make it Happen. Welcome to your future as a Beauty and Health Professional.
WHY LU ROSS ACADEMY?
- Lu Ross Academy has been training professionals for the beauty industry for 56 years. We like to think of LRA as one of the oldest but freshest schools in California. Our graduates in Cosmetology, Esthetician and Makeup Artist have helped the school earn the Best Trade School in Ventura County for 2010 and 2011 from the Ventura County Star’s Reader’s Choice Awards.
- We have one campus only. We are not caught up in creating a chain of schools. We are not trying to push a particular product on our students. This puts all our energy and focus on you, the Students at this school. We are constantly working on giving exceptional education to each student.
- It is not easy to become a success in this business without a getting a good start. It all starts with your education. The goal is to nurture your development at every stage of the program.
- We work with the finest beauty industry partners in the world such as Dermalogica, Wella, Sebastian, Murad, and MAC Cosmetics. You will learn with the best!
- You are an individual and you will find your own professional and creative voice and style. Our students are given the opportunity to find their style after learning the fundamentals.
- LRA has 14,000 square feet of facilities; including 5 classrooms, 6 treatment rooms, a wet room and a large and lively clinic floor. You will learn in a real salon and spa environment.
- Services are conducted on real clients, putting you in a real world situation where professionalism, high-quality services, and the ability to communicate are the benchmark for success.
- Lu Ross is a beauty school in Ventura, California, and is part of the Southern California scene. We have served students from Santa Barbara, Thousand Oaks, Camarillo, Santa Paula, Ojai, Oxnard, Simi Valley, Moorpark, Calabasas, Agoura, Malibu and from all over California.
WHAT WE STAND FOR
- Integrity – the school is based on a system of values. We stand behind our commitment to you, our students. You have put your trust in us to help you start a new career. We take your trust seriously and know we will deliver on our commitment.
- Professionalism – in order to become a professional, you need to train in a professional environment. Our Practice-based professional education is possible because of the busy clinic/salon floor. Practice make perfect. You can’t learn by working mostly on a manikin. You will be busy with clients.
- Self-confidence – what is the result from graduating from a school with an active clinic/salon? – the most important thing of all for a new professional – SELF CONFIDENCE.
- Quality – Lu Ross Academy was voted Best Trade School of Ventura County by the readers of the Ventura County Star.
The Los Angeles Times Magazine said “Lu Ross Academy students have become the spa world’s equivalent of Harvard Business School grads…”