Trends to WatchIn the future, people might just refer to 2018 as the year of the lashes. From lash-boosting mascaras to extensions, everyone is going to be after longer, thicker, and fuller lashes. On top of better lashes, here are some other trends that are going to be big:
- Beauty oils—This year, oils are going to be a go-to for smoothing unruly and dry hair.
- Extreme hairstyles—While long and short bobs may have been huge last year, think extreme styles, like pixie cuts and long, shiny hair, when it comes to hair.
- Graphic nail designs—Geometric prints, minimalist accent nails, and negative space on nails are going to be big this year.
- Bright eyes—Eyeliners and shadows in bright colors (think bright blue from the 1980s) are going to be on-trend in 2018.
- Classic lipstick bullets—For years, liquid lipsticks have dominated the market, but this year, the humble ballet is making a comeback.
- Glitter—Think rhinestones, gems, and sequins adhered to the eyelids to make any look sparkle.