If you’ve always dreamed of a professional career as a Beauty Makeup Artist, and you’re willing to work hard to achieve your goal, we can help you get started. You can think of our program as a total immersion “boot camp” for aspiring Makeup Artists. The Beauty Makeup Artistry course begins with an overview of makeup and covers beauty, bridal and high fashion makeup. Lu Ross Academy uses MAC Cosmetics for their student kits. Students receive a MAC Student Pro Card and attend industry events. Success as a Beauty Makeup Artist is all about networking and hard work. You’ll be going on photo shoots, choosing models and working with professional photographers so that you will perform just like a working Beauty Makeup Artist. You will start your makeup portfolio while in school using photos from our photo shoots.
- Introduction to makeup artistry, the role of the makeup artist.
- Makeup kit overview, sanitation and hygiene.
- Color theory and color correction.
- Skin analysis, skin types and skin care.
- Brush tips, techniques and brush care.
- Lighting, foundations, powders, face and eye shapes, contouring and highlighting.
- Eye lining and eye shadow, eye brows, false eyelashes, mascara, lip liner, lipstick and glosses, cheeks and blush placement.
- Beauty makeup, bridal makeup, special event makeup, high fashion & editorial makeup, runway makeup and back stage etiquette.
- Exclusive in-store MAC trend events.
- Building a portfolio, business strategies, networking tips and beauty and makeup resources.
- Working with photographers and models, freelance photo shoots, fashion shows and events.
The course is focused on hands-on makeup application and creative makeup techniques. If you would like more information on our school or more specifically our make-up artist program please contact us. We will be happy to provide with the latest course information and answer any questions you have.